What grades you do you offer?
- We currently offer preschool, preK, Kindergarten, and first through fifth grades. (Children must turn three on or before September 1 to begin T/H preschool, and 3-1/2 by September 1 to attend MWF preschool.) We will run classes with a minimum of 6 students.
Is your curriculum aligned with Common Core?
- Kindergarten through 5th grade curriculum is aligned to Common Core.
Do you have 1/2 day or full day Kindergarten?
- PCA offers full day Kindergarten.
Does my child have to be potty trained?
- All children must be potty trained. The younger children are escorted to the bathroom for breaks, but must be able to wipe themselves and put on their own undergarments.
Do you have a playground?
- Yes! The playground was installed in 2005, and is a perfect place for our children to play. The ground is lined with rubber chips.
Do you have to be Greek to attend PCA?
- No. We have students who are not Greek, and not Orthodox.
Do you have a playground?
- Yes! The playground was installed in 2005, and is a perfect place for our children to play. The ground is lined with rubber chips, and the entire playground is fenced in for safety.
Is PCA nut-restricted?
- PCA is a peanut- and tree nut-restricted school. This means children may not bring nuts, nut-butters, or foods containing nuts to school. We understand that this is a bit of an inconvenience, but on behalf of the children with allergies, we appreciate your assistance. Please contact the Director with any questions regarding this policy. In addition, PCA encourages that lunches and snacks follow the fasting guidelines of the Parish.
Do all the children wear uniforms?
- All children are required to wear white, collared or turtleneck shirts, or white or blue sweaters. Boys may wear blue pants or shorts. Girls may wear blue pants, shorts, skirts, or jumpers. On church days, girls must wear a jumper or skirt. Once a month the school has a “casual day” when students may come to school out of uniform.
How are the children dismissed from school?
- Security and safety is a top priority. Therefore, children must be individually signed-out by a parent or approved care-giver.
What time can children be dropped off at school?
- Children can be dropped off as early as 8:30 am. A fee-based before school care is available beginning at 7:30 am.
Do you have after school care or after school clubs?
- Yes! A fee-based after school care program is available until 5:00 pm. This year we have three after school clubs: Greek Dance, Lego Club, and Spartan Sports Club. After school clubs run until 4:15 pm. Please note that After School Care and Clubs are not offered on 1/2 days.
Do all students attend Greek class, and how often?
- Yes! MWF and T/H Preschool students attend Greek class on each of their school days. Kindergarten through 5th grades attend Greek class 4 days a week.
Do you have art, music and P.E.?
- Yes! Kindergarten through 5th grade students attend art, music, and PE classes once a week. Additionally, our students also study Liturgical Music.
Agrippina the Martyr of Rome; Holy Martyrs Aristocleus the Priest, Demetrius the Deacon and Athanasius the Reader; The Holy New Archpriest Martyrs Gerasimus of Crete, Neophytos of Knossos, Joachim of Cherronisos, Hierotheos of Lampi, Zachariah of Sitia, Joachim of Petra, Gerasimos of Rethymno, Kallinikos of Kydonia, Melchizedek of Kissamos, Kallinikos of Diopolos, and those Martyred with Them (1821-1822); Mark, Bishop of Ephesus; Etheldreda the Queen