- PCA was established in 1998 by the Greek Orthodox Church of St. Demetrios in Elmhurst.
- The St. Demetrios Pythagoras School Board oversees Pythagoras Children’s Academy, as well as Pythagoras Greek School (Monday/Wednesday evening language and heritage program), and Pythagoras Saturday Greek School (Saturday language and heritage program).
- PCA offers preschool, preK, full time Kindergarten, and first through fifth grade.
- School Hours: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm for half-day preschool, 9:00 am – 3:05 pm for preK, 9:00 am – 3:10 pm for Kindergarten, and 8:30am – 3: 15 pm for first – fifth grades.
- All full-time teachers are Illinois State Certified.
- The typical classroom size at PCA is 10-15 students.
- Preschool and preK classrooms have aides.
- The total school enrollment is typically around 100 students.
- The dedicated Pythagoras Parents Organization (PPO) that fundraises to enhance the students’ educational experience at PCA. They also host class parties, cook and serve hot lunch every Monday, and more.
- To help ensure the safety of our students with allergies, PCA is a nut-restricted school.
Agrippina the Martyr of Rome; Holy Martyrs Aristocleus the Priest, Demetrius the Deacon and Athanasius the Reader; The Holy New Archpriest Martyrs Gerasimus of Crete, Neophytos of Knossos, Joachim of Cherronisos, Hierotheos of Lampi, Zachariah of Sitia, Joachim of Petra, Gerasimos of Rethymno, Kallinikos of Kydonia, Melchizedek of Kissamos, Kallinikos of Diopolos, and those Martyred with Them (1821-1822); Mark, Bishop of Ephesus; Etheldreda the Queen